Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Another three of the best

Being from South Africa, we've just entered into what i know will be an amazing summer (sorry USA), and with summer comes the excitement of the Christmas season. Exams are ending for university students, beach holidays are planned, parties are being thrown and pools are being used for the first time in months across the country. I just thought I'd add to all this excitement by throwing a few songs at you that'll get you into the mood for what will be a fantastic holiday (and maybe help the northern hemisphere through the cold)

Before I start, if you have Fifa 14, you should recognise some, if not all the songs here, as I found them when I got hold of the soundtrack. 

All the videos I have posted are not the actual music videos off YouTube, because I had to select videos that supported playback on mobile devices. I do not own the music or the videos displayed below.


Empire of the Sun




Empire of the sun is an Australian electronic duo formed in 2008, consisting of Nick Littlemore, and Luke Steele. Their first album that they released shortly after forming immediately became a success, going double platinum in Australia and Gold in the United States, and their second album was released this year in June 2013. 
The simple yet effective lyrics, coupled with the creative use of effects makes this song one that's guaranteed to lift the mood of the listener. 


Alive - 



The Guards




An equally uptempo, mood lifting song is 'I know it's you' by The Guards. The Guards are an American indie trio based in New York that have been performing together since 2010, and have just released their debut album titled 'In Guards We Trust' in 2013. They toured together for the first few years which is why there is such a gap between the formation of the band and their first album.

I know it's you - 




American Authors




The American Authors sound like a combination of South Africa's Desmond and the Tutus and Shortstraw, which makes this song even more awesome. The American Authors are also an Indie Rock band based in New York, and they have been performing together since 2006, when they formed in Boston after meeting at the Berklee College of Music.
Coupled with lyrics I'm sure a lot of people will relate to, 'Hit it' and it's spotless production will add it to the list of songs that'll lift your mood and have you singing along in a matter of minutes.

Hit it - 



I'll post more of the songs off the album that are also top class within the week. Until then, do yourself a favour and get hold of a copy of the soundtrack. These three songs don't even begin to do the rest of the album justice.



Post by - Neil Nelson
Twitter - @Neilnelson91

No comments:

Post a Comment