Sometimes you stumble onto something brilliant when you least expect to. This happened to me while just having browse through Soundcloud this evening. I discovered a man with an amount of talent that is very uncommon. With a playing style that I'd call a combination of John Mayer and Passenger, and with a voice that is both emotional and moving, Jesse Ruben is one of the most talented singer/songwriter's I've heard this year, and deserves an enormous amount of recognition and respect.
Jesse is a 25 year old, Philadelphia born soulful pop-rock singer/songwriter who is now located in Brooklyn, New York. He graduated from the Berklee College of music in Boston, and immediately after his graduation began gigging and working on the process of recording an album. He funded the recording for his debut album himself, which in its own right is a major accomplishment. Not only did he fund the album himself, he also sold more than 5000 copies of the album 'Aiming for Honesty' by himself too. He has just finished working on another album, that he has titled 'The ones that Matter', and has released a few Ep's, including the one in the Soundcloud link I've posted at the bottom of this post.
He constantly receives messages from fans thanking him for the messages in his songs, giving solace to many people, repaired broken bonds, and created connections. Having listened to his songs I can see exactly why they would be doing so. It will be impossible for someone to listen to his songs, and not relate them to some or other event in their lifetime, or draw similarities to the messages from their own lives.
Do yourself a favour, and have a look at this fantastic artist. I feel he is going to be a very, very successful artist in the near future, and i truly hope you enjoy his music as much as i do.
Jesse Ruben - Unbreakable:
Jesse Ruben - We Can
The link to his EP 'Thoughts I've never had before part 2' on Soundcloud - 'Thought's I've never had before'
And my favourite song by him - Jesse Ruben - The lives of others
Find him on Facebook - JesseRubenmusic
On twitter - @jesseruben
Post by Neil Nelson
(Twitter : @neilnelson91 )

No comments:
Post a Comment