Jamestown Story
This is my first Blog, and hopefully the first of many to come, so give me a little bit of a chance!
I've decided to write it about Jamestown Story, as I've had his song "Ashamed" stuck in my head all week.
Jamestown story was an acoustic/alternative band from Nashville in the USA.I discovered them by chance the other day whilst browsing the Internet and I was immediately taken aback at how powerful and emotive their music is. The vocalist, Dane Schmidt , has an absolutely unbelievably meticulous and colourful voice, and is also an incredibly skilled guitarist. He was the main member of the group, and had been since the beginning. Jamestown story saw many members come and go, but Dane is now the solo member of Jamestown story. This hasn't slowed him or his career, and he continues to write and perform as an independent artist.
''Ashamed'' is definitely my favourite song that he has written, I think because I can relate to the message in the song, and I know there are many people out there who can, and will relate to the lyrics as well:
'I don't know, how I got here,
I don't know, where I went wrong,
I'm the player that's aged,
And won't stay away cause,
I've been in the game for so long,
Another day, another way,
For me to finally make a change,
Another day, another slave,
But I'll keep trying,
I'm the player that's aged,
And won't stay away cause,
I've been in the game for so long,
Another day, another way,
For me to finally make a change,
Another day, another slave,
But I'll keep trying.'
He has an album up for free at www.noisetrade.com/jamestownstory, that is well worth a listen.
He also has a brand new album out on iTunes, among many other albums for sale.
Follow him on Twitter : @jamestownstory
Or on Facebook: 'Jamestown Story'

No comments:
Post a Comment